ALREADY A COLORING ACADEMY MEMBER? CLICK HERE TO LOGIN
This Coloring Workshop teaches you the amazing art of coloring on toned-tan paper. It’s so much fun, but there is a lot more to it than you would think. Gain a better understanding of how and when to color on toned paper.
NOTE: To better understand this workshop, we highly recommend you first watch our color theory workshop lesson “Defining Color with HSL.”
Here’s what you’ll learn…
LESSON 1: Understanding Toned Paper
- What Does “Tone” Mean in Art?
- What is Toned Paper?
- Why Do Art on Toned Paper?
- Value Demonstration of Paper & Media
- Media Transparency Demonstration
- Color Mixing Demonstration
- Paper as a Base Layer Demonstration
- Coloring on Toned Paper Examples
LESSON 2: Toned Paper Coloring Tips
- Basics of Coloring on Toned Paper
- How to Plan a Tan Paper Color Scheme
- How to Color on Toned-Tan Paper
- How to Add White Highlights
- How to Fix the Line Art
LESSON 3: Coloring Skin, Hair, Backgrounds & More
- Advanced Coloring Topics: Backgrounds, Special Touches, “Tone”, Skin & Hair
- Picking a Color Scheme for Tan Paper
- Adding Highlights to Tan Paper
- And more!