Like many of you, we too have been excited for this battle–Caran d’Ache Luminance vs Derwent Lightfast colored pencils! These are two artist-grade, EXPENSIVE, lightfast colored pencils that need a good head-to-head comparison to see which is worth your time and money.
So we printed up our Colored Pencil Battle Worksheet and went about testing the pencils side-by-side to see which one scored best. Our worksheet tests several important colored pencil attributes including: availability, value, blending, opacity and more!
So are the popular Luminance 6901 pencils better than the newer Derwent Lightfast? Watch below to find out!
- 00:00:00 – Welcome & Introduction
- 00:02:10 – How to Use the Battle Worksheet
- 00:03:48 – Step 1: 10-Color Swatches
- 00:04:23 – Step 2: White Swatch
- 00:04:47 – Step 3: Black Swatch
- 00:05:36 – Step 4: Visible on Black
- 00:06:04 – Step 5: Layering
- 00:07:58 – Step 6: Crumbs
- 00:08:40 – Step 7: Pigment Transfer
- 00:09:43 – Step 8: Watersolubility
- 00:10:03 – Step 9: Blending
- 00:10:58 – Scoring the Battle
- 00:37:53 – Battle Results & Final Thoughts
Download our Colored Pencil Battle Worksheet here: https://www.coloringbliss.com/colored-pencil-battle-worksheet/
See the Luminance Colored Pencil Giveaway here:
Jennifer’s Rule of Blending Thirds
Learn how to blend colored pencils using Jennifer’s rule here: https://www.coloringbliss.com/jennifers-rule-of-blending-thirds/