These are my 5 favorite steps to coloring a flower using colored pencils. Following these steps will give you beautiful, consistent results every time! In fact, I use these coloring techniques for more than just flower coloring pages–I use them in almost everything I color.
How to Color a Flower
- Choose a Color Scheme then Pick & Map Your Colors.
- Choose a Light Source then Light Map the Highlights & Shadows.
- Color & Blend the Remaining Colors Following Your Light Map.
- Enhance the Contrast in the Shadows & Highlights Using Your Lightest & Darkest Colors.
- Smooth the Blends with a Colorless Blender.
- BONUS: Create a Strategic Background that Directs the Viewers Eye.
Flower Download (Free for a Limited Time)
Finished Coloring Page
Follow along in real-time as I color this flower from start to finish. Get even more in-depth coloring knowledge as I apply several techniques and even have to fix a mistake.
Get more coloring training with our “Coloring Workshops.” With over 200 hours of video tutorials, we’re sure to have something you’re looking for. Click below to learn more.