Ever since Derwent released their line of Chromaflow colored pencils there has been a lot of talk about them being comparable to the Prismacolor Premier pencils. So naturally, Steve and I decided to purchase a set to put them head-to-head against the reigning champion Prismacolor!
We printed up our Colored Pencil Battle Worksheet and went about testing the pencils side-by-side to see which one scored best. Our worksheet tests several important colored pencil attributes including: availability, value, blending, opacity and more!
So are the Derwent Chromaflow pencils really as good as the Prismacolor Premiers? Watch below to find out!
- 00:00:00 – Welcome & Introduction
- 00:00:37 – Derwent Chromaflow Information
- 00:08:40 – Swatching the Chromaflow Pencils
- 00:15:05 – Step 1: 10-Color Swatches
- 00:17:05 – Step 2: White Swatch
- 00:17:19 – Step 3: Black Swatch
- 00:17:29 – Step 4: Visible on Black
- 00:17:49 – Step 5: Layering
- 00:18:19 – Step 6: Crumbs
- 00:19:37 – Step 7: Pigment Transfer
- 00:19:50 – Step 8: Watersolubility
- 00:20:14 – Step 9: Blending
- 00:22:51 – Scoring the Battle
- 00:42:35 – Battle Results & Final Thoughts
Download our Colored Pencil Battle Worksheet here: https://www.coloringbliss.com/colored-pencil-battle-worksheet/
Jennifer’s Rule of Blending Thirds
Learn how to blend colored pencils using Jennifer’s rule here: https://www.coloringbliss.com/jennifers-rule-of-blending-thirds/